Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 10 years ago

How can I continue to abuse alcohol without doing further damage to my liver?

So I was hospitalized last week with pancreatitis and diabetic ketoacidosis after collapsing at my sister's wedding reception. Anyway, the doctors ran some tests and it turns out that I have elevated liver enzymes and show signs of advanced liver disease.

The doctor advised that I quit drinking and even referred me to several addiction treatment facilities. The thing is, not drinking isn't an option. Drinking to excess is a very important part of my lifestyle and my professional image. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is there a safer way to drink? Are there any multivitamins or herbal supplements I can take to lessen the damaging effects of alcohol on my liver?

Drinking is very important to me and if it comes down to it I'll choose drinking over my own health and well-being. I just hope it doesn't have to come to that.

Favorite Answer

to put it straight there is no way out but to quit alcohol if you want a longer life.your symptoms are characteristic of someone who consumes alcohol on a massive scale. its way more than your liver can handle my friend.if you donot quit it there is really no way you can save your liver and the rest of your organs in turn.trust ur doc on that.

regards

Source(s): medical student
  • Billy

My father is dying right now of advanced liver disease due to alcoholism. His abdomen and legs are grossly swollen and he gets confused. Eyes and skin are yellow. He cannot eat or move much and will likely soon be entering a coma.

My uncle, also alcoholic, developed congestive heart failure in his 30s due to alcoholism and a sedentary lifestyle. He now has a pacemaker and continues to drink. He also lives alone in a filthy house watching TV all day.

If I had to write about all the lives, careers and familys around me ruined by drinking, I would be here all day.

Overuse of alcohol will never turn out well. As alcoholics we wishfully think that we are different from all the others. We absolutely are not.

Peace to you my friend and I hope you get what you are looking for.

Liston to your body bro alcohol is literally poison I'm pretty sure you know what poisons good at. try something else no poisons that your livers gonna have to filter out. mjs nice less dangerous too. liver doesnt get involved

Not that I would recommend this, but a Marijuana high is quite close to the feeling of being drunk, keep that in mind.

There is nothing you can do. Only quiting completely will help.

there is only one way that i believe, u have to ask homeopathy's. I think should work.

thx

Source(s): homeopath, can do almost everything.