Why are most of our lesbian and gay films played by straight actors/actresses?

I hate it. I've developed a celebrity crush more than once on these actresses who play lesbian parts only to end up bummed out when I learn that they are straight. Are there no attractive lesbians and bisexuals to cast? I want femme lesbian actresses in our lesbian movies. I should realize each time that it... show more I hate it. I've developed a celebrity crush more than once on these actresses who play lesbian parts only to end up bummed out when I learn that they are straight. Are there no attractive lesbians and bisexuals to cast? I want femme lesbian actresses in our lesbian movies. I should realize each time that it can't be...every woman I fall for ends up being straight...
Update: I do know that Leisha Hailey and Kate Moennig are bi and les...but they are the only ones I can think of and I don't find them attractive.