Why are most of our lesbian and gay films played by straight actors/actresses?

I hate it. I've developed a celebrity crush more than once on these actresses who play lesbian parts only to end up bummed out when I learn that they are straight. Are there no attractive lesbians and bisexuals to cast? I want femme lesbian actresses in our lesbian movies. I should realize each time that it can't be...every woman I fall for ends up being straight...

I do know that Leisha Hailey and Kate Moennig are bi and les...but they are the only ones I can think of and I don't find them attractive.

Favorite Answer

Because its simply just..Acting.Entertainment purposes only.

Could you imagine if ppl who actually fit the part personally played in movies....tv would suck!

Um... Because they're ACTING? This isn't meant to be life, it is just movies. And who cares if you get a crush on a straight or gay actor/actress? Either way your likelihood of ever meeting them let alone dating them is pretty much zero. Any ways I admire straight people in gay roles, it shows them they're ok with the LGBT community and that they support us in at least a small way, plus they then understand us better since they need to act like it's the real thing when they're in that role.

• danzey

Lesbians are women people who're interested in different women people. it is mostly a actual charm, emotional charm or sexual charm. in case you’re a woman interested in females people, you would be a lesbian. or you would be bisexual or you may in basic terms be a quickly women people who's interested in a pal. it may take you it sluggish to establish which one you're. some women people declare to have prevalent from an extremely early age that they have been lesbian, or a minimum of knew that there grew to become into some thing “diverse” approximately themselves. Others don’t pop out till their Nineteen Forties, Nineteen Fifties or maybe later, after having spent years in a heterosexual marriage. in spite of your subject, what's maximum considered necessary is which you’re taking the time now to purpose and determine it out and get to renowned your self extra effectual. A statistic like that's no longer hardship-free to establish. There’s no census type that counts gay and lesbian people. and whether there have been, people have good reason to maintain issues like that under wraps. even although we’ve made some strides interior the final decade, in maximum states it continues to be felony to fireside somebody because of fact they're gay or lesbian. A learn of human sexuality interior the Fifties desperate that maximum folk have some degree of charm to the two sexes. the usually known determine is that ten p.c. of the inhabitants is gay or lesbian. Lesbianism is universal for lesbians. you may not determine who you're interested in from now on than you may determine the colour of your eyes. iam no longer bi or lez or something yet i wish this helped :)

And some of the straight roles are played by gay and bi actors and actresses. Go figure.

Well, the chance that you'll get a straight girl is greater than the chance of you getting a celeb, but I know what you mean. Alyson Hannigan and Amber Benson.

because Hollywood's a *****

i know!!! i hate that cause they cant relate