Isn't Randy Orton currently the most boring main eventer in WWE?

Okay, I know Sheamus is pretty boring too, but Orton is one level above The Celtic Road Runner. Sheamus is still second place in creating colossal bore, though. I cannot believe he constantly got Triple H, John Cena, Edge, and Orton as his opponents but can't make a legendary match from even one of... show more Okay, I know Sheamus is pretty boring too, but Orton is one level above The Celtic Road Runner. Sheamus is still second place in creating colossal bore, though. I cannot believe he constantly got Triple H, John Cena, Edge, and Orton as his opponents but can't make a legendary match from even one of them.

Back to Orton, I think his character is great and it's perfect for what the WWE needs right now. I have no doubt he'll become the top face in the company soon and will have a great career, but I just can't stand watching his matches unless he's pulling out all the stops or in a gimmick match.

If his character was a heel it'd be okay because he's not expected to be exciting to watch in the ring, his job is to keep the face down and not let him get up any offense. But as a face he wrestles like a heel and it's frustrating to watch when he clearly has so much talent.

Usually there's two main spots in his matches that anyone gets excited for, the DDT off the ropes and the RKO, which seems like the only move he varies. Now that's great when he starts to hit them but what else does he do? The neckbreaker over his back move, scoop powerslam and that's about it in a usual match, besides kicking and punching. And people complain about John Cena's 5 moves of doom.

The only thing I like about a Randy Orton match is the finish, because usually he comes with a suprising and innovative way to hit the RKO, but other than that there's nothing interesting to watch really. I know his character is slow and methodical, and he takes his time attacking each body part, skulking around until he can hit the RKO. And if you think about it that way, why doesn't he just hit it straight off if that's the only move he has that'll do any damage. Yeah sure, ring psychology and all that but surely ring psychology 101 as a face is that you have to entertain people, even if you're an anti-hero. Austin certainly entertained in his matches even though he was more of an anti-hero than Orton. If you look at Cena's move set at least it seems like he has a bunch of viable offense and there's quite a few things to get pumped for in the match. Attitude adjustment, STF, fist drop, leg drop off top rope, bulldog, twisting back suplex thing.

I'd never expect more than a 3 star match from him, his opponents need to carry a lot of his load because he moves in slow motion. When did the last time Orton have a classic match with anyone, anyway? Perhaps his matches with Benoit at 2004 or Undertaker at 2005, but that's because he had Benoit & Undertaker as his opponents. If he couldn't get great matches with those two then he would be on the same level as Giant Gonzales, King Kong Bundy, The Great Khali, A-Train, Mark Henry, Vladimir Kozlov, Big Boss Man, and so many other talentless wrestlers. He's not terrible on the mic but he's pretty boring there too. And his temper in the ring is really unprofessional and annoying. He's acts like he's the most perfect all-round performer in the whole f*cking business where he's not.
Update: Remember, KNOW YOUR ROLE, Sheamus is the runner-up.