Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

dominica nica nica song who sang it?

Favorite Answer

Soeur Sourire (Sister Smile in French). The song is "Dominique".

The name of the tune is "Dominique" not Dominica etc. It is pronounced as Dominica with a very soft 'a' at the end because it is french. It was recorded in the early '60;s by The Singing Nun who performed it live on the Ed Sullivan show in July of 1964. It is in French, actually Belgian, by Sister Smile, as she was known (deceased in 1985). It is a song about Saint Dominic, a Spanish Saint, and the founder of the Dominican order.

I saw it on "Everybody Loves Raymond" and I wondered what the hell it meant, why he did it, and why it was supposed to be funny. I guess now I know. Thanx, John R.

what does it say?