Are mirrored closet doors tacky? (10 Points)?

I can't decide whether to keep them or cover them. I didn't plan on getting them, but they didn't have the ones I was expecting in IKEA... so should I make them white or frost them, or keep them mirrored?

I personally don't find them too appealing, and I have squares of mirrors that I bought so that I can piece together a cool mirror. The thing I don't like about the doors is that it's unoriginal. I want cool doors.

• Rynok
    Best Answer

Personally, I don't think they're tacky, thought that just might be me.

As to whether you should leave them as is or cover them, I would say it depends on which you would get more use out of (i.e.leaving the mirrors as is would be advantageous if you have no other mirrors available and you'd like to have a mirror, but if you already have another mirror that you would use more often, it might work out to cover the mirrored closet doors if you can do so in a way that adds artistic value to the room).

• Susan

We had a mirrored closet door in the master bedroom when we moved into our house. We removed it. It just looked better to have nothing than the mirrored doors that didn't even shut right. We have a plain bifold door we are going to install. I don't care for mirrored doors myself. It might be better to use curtains/beaded curtains instead of a traditional door. You can get fun trendy curtains for not that much money, then when you want to redo your room, get different ones. The only benefit of the mirrored closet door is that you have lots of mirrors in your room. If the room is pretty small and doesn't have a lot of light, you might want to keep them though.

Mirror doors need not be tacky. You can even find black sticky designs that are made for mirror doors, and make them quite modern and attractive. Try Lowes' or a large hardware store in your area. They come in a variety of designs. And are fairly easy to apply, sort of peel and stick.

• ramen

NO! don't do that, you should be glad to have a mirrored closet, alot people have them becausse they are so useful. When your changing and getting ready, don't you want to look at yourself immediately after changing in your room. That's what they are for, if I were you, I would keep them. P.S they are NOT tacky, just another application to make your life a tiny bit simpler.

Source(s): my opinon

Keep them mirrored! I really want a mirrored one! My parents have one and it's huge and I love it! I always use it to check if I look alright before I go out, they're amazing I wish I had one.

The mirrors will make the room appear bigger but I think they are tacky as hell. Frosting them might look cool.

everyone needs a full length mirror to make sure they are put together, leave them, they look a lot better than my over the door full length mirror

it all depends on how high your ceilings are. Tall mirrored closet doors look appealing.

Who's going to even see them? Unless you have a lot of friends in your room on a regular basis, then I don't understand why "being tacky" would be a big concern.