Who are some British stand up comedians with similar styles to Eddie Izzard?

Being an American it's hard to find any guidance to who is good and who is crap. I only know a few:

Ricky Gervais- decent

Russell Brand- alright

Jimmy Carr- pretty funny

Eddie Izzard- friggin hilarious... Does anyone know comedians who have similar styles?

Also I love Monty Python and Blackadder if that helps at all

Favorite Answer

Outside of Eddie Izzard, I would try Dylan Moran (about to play some gigs in the US, similar style and content though somewhat more bitter) or maybe Bill Bailey. They did a sketch show together called Black Books too, though it doesn't really give you a great idea of what their standup is like. Billy Connolly may also be worth a try, though he may be a little impenetrable if you're not used to him. It is true Michael McIntyre is very popular at the moment in Britain, though personally I find him several notches below any of these guys and not at all to my taste.

British Stand Up Comedians

Freddie Starr indubitably! His Hitler character continuously had me giggling so tense that tears have been streaming down my face. He additionally had a ideal making a music voice and whilst he became making a music a fantastically severe music, he might initiate rushing to and fro on the degree and doing the music quickly and gradual like a broken tape recorder - will the greater youthful united statesendure in innovations what a tape recorder is? lol. Freddie rox

Michael Mcintyre is probably the number 1 stand-up in the country at the moment.

Frankie Boyle is also good, if you like Jimmy then you will like him.

Sean Lock is another good one.