Does a biology major decrease your chances of getting into medical school?

So i'm considering in going into medical school, and becoming a doctor. i was thinking of majoring in biology, but have come across an article saying that it decreases your chances of getting into medical school, because everybody right now wants to go into biology. I heard that medical schools look down upon... show more So i'm considering in going into medical school, and becoming a doctor.
i was thinking of majoring in biology, but have come across an article saying that it decreases your chances of getting into medical school, because everybody right now wants to go into biology. I heard that medical schools look down upon biology, and chemistry majors, and it's harder to get in because of the competition.
I have read that you can major in anything, and still become a doctor, because the MCAT is based on pre-med courses, not the major you major in correct?

But i would like to major in something else other than biology because what i've heard.
Say that i majored in history i would still have to take pre-med courses along with that major, but would some majors be more than 4 years? like if i took history and pre-med would it take longer than if i majored in biology?
i would just imagine the load... But i say that most people choose biology because some pre-med classes are already incorporated in there. i don't know what to major in, and i'm just scared that i won't get into medical school bc of what i majored in.

i don't know how this works... if you could help me a bit that would be great thanks!
Update: thanks to all who posted, this has got me thinking. But the information really helped, i appreciate all the info.
I gave everybody thumbs up.