Jen asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 10 years ago

Is Hershey's chocolate acidic?

Whenever I eat more than one piece of it, my throat burns like I just ate something really acidic, such as a lemon. Does this happen to anyone else? (a similar thing happens when I eat tomatoes.)

it's ONLY straight hersheys chocolate that does this, if it's mixed with anything I don't react.

Favorite Answer

Either the sugar or the milk is giving you some reflux- sugar does this to me. I don't think it is acid in the chocolate but your stomach acid reacting to something like the sugar.

• Martha

Possibly too much sugar, and the fat content is a little weird. Maybe too much wax, too. (-: I love Japanese bar chocolate -- Morinaga or Meiji. I tried a Hershey's bar afterward, and almost couldn't finish it. But, hey, it was chocolate. I forced myself.

• .

yeah that happens to me too actually

hersheys is just crappy chocolate

they use sour/buttermilk

http://nitecloak.wordpress.com/2009/01/20/hersheys...

and tomatoes are acidic

i get heartburn from stuff like that especially salsa, pasta sauce etc.

go to your doctor because you have something within your stomach which will start eating away at your lining & organs