Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

I just read 1 John. Why does he seem to be repeating himself?

It's a beautiful little poetic piece, but I don't understand why John goes to such lengths to reiterate his few basic instructions.

Also, how does this little book fit in with the rest of the books in the NT. What's the context of it's writing, the way it relates to the other books of the NT, and it's hidden meanings?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It's a letter of instruction. The truth in love. You repeat things to help people remember them. In most TV commercials the name of the product or company is repeated at least 7 times.

Jesus is GOD in the flesh. John is a witness of that.1,3

1Jo 1:3 KJV - That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship [is] with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

1Jo 1:4 KJV - And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The bible itself explains why so many will not undertand God's word. Consider these:

Matthew 11:25 ((American Standard Version)

“At that season Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou didst hide these things from the wise and understanding, and didst reveal them unto babes”

2 Thessalonians 2:11 (American Standard Version)

And for this cause God sendeth them a working of error, that they should believe a lie.”

2 Corinthians 4:4 (New International Version)

The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

• 1 decade ago

More like the author was Schizophrenic.

• 1 decade ago

I John is considered the epistle of love. Notice that he mostly speaks of love and how we should behave. He tells us that if God so loved us, then we ought to love one another.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • HAYAH
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

"Do The Commandments"

If You Love The Father.

IT'S NOT HIDDEN.

• 1 decade ago

You need to be more specific.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.