josh asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

is upper respitory infection in cats contagious towards other cats?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, just as the cold is infectious to humans.

Is it fatal? Usually not, just like in humans.

Be smart, and if your cat is not in any real respiratory distress, then usually it will work it's course and actually help your cat develop an immunity towards future infections.

Hope this helps,

Source(s): common sense
  • 4 years ago

I surely have a 4 year previous male cat that gets larger resp. a minimum of two or thrice a three hundred and sixty 5 days.He replace into born with them due his mom being a drop off and pregnant so he has a damaging immune gadget. My vet supplies me amoxi drops which i'm getting in dry type and upload my very own water whilst he gets ill. this way I consistently have it obtainable. whilst he gets ill like this I in lots of circumstances understand interior the early tiers cuz he sneezes and has a stressful time ingesting dry nutrition. I do away with the dry and feed him no longer something yet canned nutrition. consistently a great number of unpolluted water additionally. In some days, he's doing extra ideal. additionally, that's contagous to different cats. floor fowl and fowl broth are sturdy additionally. Like in people... fowl soup for the chilly. it relatively works.

• eixlsl
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Yes, it is. If you have one that has it, get him/her to a vet immediately to start treatment, which will make it less likely that the others will catch it.

My kitten had and URI before and I got him treated right away, and my other cat didn't catch anything.

• 1 decade ago

Vet Visit.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes, it is. Highly. If one has it usually the whole household of cats gets it.

• 1 decade ago

Highly contagious!

If one has another one will soon have it then another

Sometimes it can be fatal :(

• 1 decade ago

Yes it is. And it can be fatal, especially in kittens. Antibiotics are in order.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.