Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

If found guilty of Treason should Army Private First Class Bradley Manning be Shot, Hung or Electrocuted?

Federal Crimes Carrying the Death Penalty

Congressional, Cabinet, and Supreme Court Assassination, or Kidnapping Resulting in Death - 18 U.S. Code, Sec. 351

Genocide - 18 U.S. Code, Sec. 1091

Hostage Taking Resulting in Death - 18 U.S. Code, Sec. 1203

Kidnapping Resulting in Death - 18 U.S. Code, Sec. 1201

Murder - 18 U.S. Code, Sec. 1111

Terrorism - 18 U.S. Code, Sec. 2332

Torture Resulting in Death - 18 U.S. Code, Sec. 2340A

---------------------------------------------------

Treason - 18 U.S. Code, Sec. 2381

--------------------------------------------

Use of Interstate Commerce Facilities in the Commission of Murder-for-Hire - 18 U.S. Code, Sec. 1958

War Crimes - 18 U.S. Code,

http://www.megalaw.com/top/deathpenalty.php

Update:

Rep. Mike Rogers: Execute WikiLeaks leaker

Rep. Mike Rogers (R-Mich.) believes the death penalty should be applied in the case of Army Pfc. Bradley Manning if the accused provider of nearly 80,000 secret intelligence documents to WikiLeaks is found guilty by military tribunal.

Rogers made the comments Monday during an interview with the Michigan radio station WHMI, which later posted an audio file of the interview.

"The death penalty clearly should be considered here," Rogers said. "[Manning] clearly aided the enemy to what may result in the death of U.S. soldiers or those cooperating. If that is not a capital offense, I don't know what is."

The 22-year-old Manning has been named a "person of interest" in the WikiLeaks investigation and was transferred last week from Kuwait to the Marine Corps base in Quantico, Va., while the Army decides whether to press charges.

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Shoot his little bony ***.

• 9 years ago

This is the man who leaked the video that showed members of the military in a helicopter shooting and killing innocent civilians and wounding children. This man was doing the right thing, and he's probably seen so much messed up crap going on over there that he would've killed himself if he didn't say or do anything. Why do you think so many soldiers are suicidal? It's unspeakable the things they do or witness, and because they're sworn to uphold secrecy they shouldn't blow a whistle when atrocities are committed? In the name of treason? Do you ever think we will have an uncorrupted government if this is the way things are? Kill the innocent and let the men who were filmed committing murders continue murdering? This would be treason if he handed the documents over to the Taliban and the documents showed plans of a future attack on one of their hideouts. That would be treason. This is a good man that deserves freedom and a medal for his courage to actually stand up and do whats right knowing the consequences that he's probably facing right now in his holding cell. We don't even kill killers in the states. Convicted murderers are aloud to spend the rest of their days in shelter being fed all with our tax dollars. And you want to kill a whistle blower? What is the matter with society?

• 9 years ago

He hasn't been and won't be charged with treason. Looking over your list, Bush and Cheney should face the death penalty about 4 times each....just sayin'.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Manning should be tried for treason by a military tribunal. If found guilty the penalty could be death by firing squad.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • aber
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

confident sir, and basically like another terrorist at feet Hood, who's call I refuse to talk, i'm hoping he has difficulty cashing his pay verify, so he cant make commissary on the same time as watching for his destiny

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

If found guilty he should be executed by firing squad. That's how we used to deal with traitors (George Washington did it at least 3 times).

What I wanna know is how the frick a PFC/SPC gets a hold of that stuff.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I guess it just proves that training soldiers to "shoot first, ask questions later" CAN backfire, at least when they're given access to classified information.

• 9 years ago

Any one or all three would suit me. Right along with the anti-american Long Haired Freaky goof above.

• 9 years ago

Let the Army handle it, and keep the Republican lynch mobs who are eager for political brownie points out of it.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I don't think he should get death, but he should be convicted of something and spend a lot of time in jail.

Do they even still do death by electric chair? God that is gruesome along with the gas chamber. I'd take the firing squad or a break neck hanging any day of the week.

• 9 years ago

Being he's so fond of Muslims, I say cut his head off with a dull machete.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.