Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

Are there laws/statutes in Florida AND New Jersey that mandates that a business make a...?

...restroom available to customers?

Sometimes stores will deny customers the use of their restroom. Isn't there a law that requires them to permit the public to use their restroom if there is not a public one nearby?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Title XXIX PUBLIC HEALTH

Chapter 381 PUBLIC HEALTH: GENERAL PROVISIONS

381.001 Legislative intent; public health system.--

(1) It is the intent of the Legislature that the Department of Health be responsible for the state's public health system which shall be designed to promote, protect, and improve the health of all people in the state. The mission of the state's public health system is to foster the conditions in which people can be healthy, by assessing state and community health needs and priorities through data collection, epidemiologic studies, and community participation; by developing comprehensive public health policies and objectives aimed at improving the health status of people in the state; and by ensuring essential health care and an environment which enhances the health of the individual and the community. The Legislature recognizes that the state's public health system must be founded on an active partnership between federal, state, and local government and between the public and private sectors, and, therefore, assessment, policy development, and service provision must be shared by all of these entities to achieve its mission.

(2) It is the intent of the Legislature that the department, in carrying out the mission of public health, focus attention on identifying, assessing, and controlling the presence and spread of communicable diseases; on monitoring and regulating factors in the environment which may impair the public's health, with particular attention to preventing contamination of drinking water, the air people breathe, and the food people consume; and ensuring availability of and access to preventive and primary health care, including, but not limited to, acute and episodic care, prenatal and postpartum care, child health, family planning, school health, chronic disease prevention, child and adult immunization, dental health, nutrition, and health education and promotion services.

(3) It is, furthermore, the intent of the Legislature that the public health system include comprehensive planning, data collection, technical support, and health resource development functions. These functions include, but are not limited to, state laboratory and pharmacy services, the state vital statistics system, the Florida Center for Health Information and Policy Analysis, emergency medical services coordination and support, and recruitment, retention, and development of preventive and primary health care professionals and managers.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Only eat in restaurants have to have a restroom for customers.

• kumron
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Review of Public Personnel Administration

This Article

Right arrow Full Text (PDF)

Right arrow References

Right arrow Alert me when this article is cited

Right arrow Alert me if a correction is posted

Services

Right arrow Email this article to a friend

Right arrow Similar articles in this journal

Right arrow Alert me to new issues of the journal

Right arrow Add to Saved Citations

Right arrow Download to citation manager

Right arrow Request Permissions

Right arrow Request Reprints

Right arrow Add to My Marked Citations

Citing Articles

Right arrow Citing Articles via Google Scholar

Right arrow Citing Articles via Scopus

Google Scholar

Right arrow Articles by Barnum, D. T.

Right arrow Articles by Suntrup, E. L.

Right arrow Search for Related Content

Social Bookmarking

Add to CiteULike Add to Complore Add to Connotea Add to Del.icio.us Add to Digg Add to Reddit Add to Technorati Add to Twitter

What's this?

Multilateral Labor Relations in the Public Sector: Citizen Involvement

Darold T. Barnum

Department of Management University of Illinois at Chicago

Edward L. Suntrup

Department of Management University of Illinois at Chicago

This article examines institutionalized citizen involvement in the public sector labor relations pro cess, including (1) labor relations referenda, (2) sunshine bargaining, (3) trilateral bargaining, and (4) public hearings. It analyzes labor relations referenda and sunshine bargaining in depth, and gives summary evaluations of all four types of involvement.

Review of Public Personnel Administration, Vol. 5, No. 2, 56-69 (1985)

DOI: 10.1177/0734371X8500500206

• 4 years ago

nicely adult men from NJ are kinda attempting to stressful to be the subsequent Tony Soprano, whilst the adult men from Florida are the two attempting to be the subsequent Backdoor... um I mean Backstreet Boy or are in simple terms previous as airborne dirt and dirt. As for the girls..... all are astonishing. different than for Rachel Ray on food television.... she frightens me each and every now and then and makes me cry.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Liddel
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Can I come in your home and use your restroom?

lp

• 1 decade ago

No.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.