Compaq Presario CQ61 not charging?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
my laptop isn't charging is there a way to fix it, and is it my computer, my battery or my charger please help.
Best Answer
Here is a simple way you can tell if its either your laptop battery or your charger. Since it was charging before we can rule out that it is indeed not the laptop.

Take out the laptop battery and plug in the charger. Try turning it on. If it doesn't work then your charger is dead. If it does work then your battery is dead. Also, if you wiggle the charger area thats connected to your laptop and it works, then it means your DC jack is loose.

I had a similar issue and it turned out to be a dead charger. A friend recommended me to a store online that sells laptop chargers with free shipping and lifetime warranties on all their products. If you aren't happy within the first 30 days with it you can send it back to get a full refund.

Hope this helps: http://www.topmic.com/
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (1)

• Gerry Attric answered 4 years ago
    Assuming your laptop works with the mains power cord connected then the battery needs replacing?
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock