"the computer currently has limited connection to" error?

Hi, I recently purchased a new acer laptop at futureshop, I went home, tried to connect to my wifi (yes password is correct) and it came up with the following: windows was unable to connect to ____. So i pretty much forgot about it and just manually plugged my laptop into the modem. And i recently brought my... show more Hi, I recently purchased a new acer laptop at futureshop, I went home, tried to connect to my wifi (yes password is correct) and it came up with the following: windows was unable to connect to ____.

So i pretty much forgot about it and just manually plugged my laptop into the modem. And i recently brought my laptop to a friends place and tried to connect to his wifi, and it came up with the same thing. Then, I manually plugged in my laptop to his modem, tried the wifi set up again, and it worked. I came back to my place, and it still came up with the same message. I changed a few settings and now it connects and says the computer currently has limited connection to my wifi. My ipod touch works fine... what is the problem?