LDS Mormons: After the "Mormon War"...?

The Mormon war in Missouri ended when seven leaders of the church were taken prisoner and sent to independence. After this, apostates from the church gave the militia names of more than 50 leaders of the church living in Far West, and they were promptly arrested. How did the apostates forget to give the militia... show more The Mormon war in Missouri ended when seven leaders of the church were taken prisoner and sent to independence. After this, apostates from the church gave the militia names of more than 50 leaders of the church living in Far West, and they were promptly arrested.

How did the apostates forget to give the militia the names of Brigham Young and Heber C Kimball- Then the President of the Quorum of the twelve, and the second most senior apostle, respectively? Could the saints have successfully stayed together had these two important leaders also been arrested?
Update: Marielle- the church did not go leaderless- Brigham Young was the President of the twelve, and the twelve lead the church. This was called the "Apostolic Interregnum"- and there was another one after Brigham died.
Update 2: Joshsy- I didn't know about General Conference and one Apostle being somewhere else during it. I have actually wondered what would happen if someone bombed the place, and the keys of this dispensation were all lost- would they have to be re-restored, like they were to Joseph? Thank you so much for that bit... show more Joshsy- I didn't know about General Conference and one Apostle being somewhere else during it. I have actually wondered what would happen if someone bombed the place, and the keys of this dispensation were all lost- would they have to be re-restored, like they were to Joseph?

Thank you so much for that bit of information.