Why are so many children getting into trouble with the law for having lemonade stands?

It seems like children are in the news more for getting fined or forced to shut down their lemonade stand for not having permits. I have even seen one child on the news for her neighbors complaining that her lemonade stand was devaluing their property value! People are always saying that children grow up too fast, but yet its the adults who throw the law at them for just being kids! What are your opinions on this?

Best Answer

I helped my son with a lemonade stand a few weeks ago and we approached some friends who own a car delaership in town. We set it up in their parking lot for the sole reason that I didn't want to deal with all of that. We live in a rural town, so things are still pretty laid back. I don't THINK anyone would have complained, but then i didn't think my son would get sent home for school for wearing a shirt representing a particular branch of the army because there was a gun on the insignia. A branch of the military that his uncle serves in and fights to protect MY SON"'S freedoms. He couldn't even wear that shirt to school. People want to control something, even if it is an elementary school child trying to learn a life lesson.

That is silly! They are kids, let them be free as long as they are following the rules. They should have nothing to worry about, and now they have a lot to worry about because some people like to do this mean stuff to children!

Parents use lemonade stands as a front to sell drugs.

• Daniel

it's all about the cities getting their money, i.e taxes. In my hometown for example you can't have a yard sale without a permit because it's considered a business. Running a business in our country is a privilege thus we would need permits to run them.

That happened with me and our friend., only we werent on the news. I live one of the strictest neighborhoods I know of. They wont let us have garage sales, lemonade stands, or post up missing/found pet signs around because they think its "Ghetto". Its really stupid, I know.

• ?

I don't agree with it cause yes they are kids but its the law.. When I was little and my mom saw mine she made me stop and told me I needed a permit for it. Stupid but what can you really do.

Let kids be kids.

• ?

I didn't know that was illegal. That is silly!!

• because they didn't pay their taxes!!