?

Does anyone here pray to the Norse goddess, Hela?

if so, i have some questions.

Favorite Answer

I starred your question, but to be honest, I don't think you'll find a self respecting Heathen who 1.) "Prays" to any of his/her god/desses

2.) Worships the Jotun spawn, Loki's children.

Lokeans are often not respected in the true Heathen communities. Maybe you should seek among the pseudo-Heathen Lokean cults and Jotun worshippers.

Personally, I honor Thor. While there are a few heathens who honor Loki, very few honor any of the monstrous children he had with the giantess Angraboda. Two of that brood --- Fenrir the wolf and Jormungandr the world serpent --- slay Odin and Thor (respectively) at Ragnarok, and it can be argued that Hela has her hand in the day of destruction as well.

That being said, the gods call whom they will. There's a seidkona that I respect who encounters Hela during her journeying (for more about seidr, see the link below). She might be willing to answer your questions.

• Demi

I honor her along with all of the deities, but I don't "pray" to any of them. I consider it demeaning to both myself and the target deity or other spiritual entity. I don't personally know anyone who does pray to her, but I'll star your Q so if some of the other Folk come on later they'll be more likely to see it.

Rev, it can be spelled a couple of different ways, as most of the names in our pantheon can. Loke = Loki = Lokju = Lopti = well, you get the idea. It's all variants on the same dude's name, usually regional or dialectical or having to do with a specific aspect. It gets really fun when we start referring to them using kennings. Old One Eye - Odin. The Red One - Thor. The Sly One - Loki.

We like being shifty that way, ya know. ;-)

I met a seiðkona who has experienced Hel but I would be surprised to meat anyone that actually regularly prays to her. I could understand people offering her sacrifice after the death of a loved one asking her to aid him/her on their journey from here to there.

• Julian5 years agoReport

I pray to hel on a daily basis for many reasons of which the death of my mother and older brother and my both grandma's

Thor > Hela

If memory serves, it's actually spelled "Hel".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hel_(being)

Nope.

I only pray to God, no Saints, no Mary, just God.

Source(s): 44+ years following a Jewish Carpenter & studying His Book! I am the real Pastor Art, not the clone.