Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

Gmail recent activity and ip address?

My gmail account has been hacked couple days ago, and the hacker sent out weird addresses to all my contact list, but luckily, gmail caught those and failed to send. Anyways, after that, I changed my password and found out that I can check the recent activities of who logged on to my account and everything. So I found out that this one hacked my account from Poland...and today (after I ve changed my password), I see this unfamiliar ip address again and says IL (illinois) next to it. I live in Pennsylvania, so It should ve said PA instead of IL. Does that mean someone from Illinois hacked my account again?

Then I read this info from google website that if I log in to gmail from my iphone (I pushed my email), I may see different locations written on the recent activity because the phone company might use different proxy setting or whatever. But I don't get this part. If I check my email from my phone in PA, it should say PA, not IL right?

I feel like i am confusing myself and everyone, but I am very frustrated right now..and I need help!

Favorite Answer

-----Then I read this info from google website that if I log in to gmail from my iphone (I pushed my email), I may see different locations written on the recent activity because the phone company might use different proxy setting or whatever. But I don't get this part----

It Depends on the Proxy Server location. Suppose the proxy server at PA is down. Do you think iphone won't connect you at all?? .. it will infact try to connect to the other proxy server located at IL. that's the possible reason.