Have you ever wondered in a deeper way,about the three elements in God's Love Commandment?

Most of us who love the ideals of God, strive for inner love... for all men!

I have pondered too, and wondered

What does the love commandment "Love your neighbor as Yourself" ask us to do?

These are the three elements

Who is my neighbor?

What is Love?

Most importantly

How should we interpret "Our self?"

How do we respect others "Otherness?"

Is love possible without seeing the other as "Another me"

On the other hand, if I do see others as "Another" me, is love of "other possible"?

When we look at how love works we see many factors, we go from ~

Loving those who also love you

to loving those who do not love you

to loving those who persecute you

to loving all people without Exception ( this is God's kind of loving)

So how do you define .."Otherness"

Can we live up to God's standards, without knowing , how far do we fall short?

thanks for your sincere replies...

As you can see... there are many 'seedbed' in God's garden

God took his ideal of "Kinship" to all the nations... all individuals. !"

Without a "You" and an "I" there is no love! Is there?

Skye... this question is meant for us to do ... "Our part" You have a good point, but it seems to be, we somehow forget to examine, and discern within... ourselves... we forget to look... and don't do our part!

Best Answer

Well it is wonderful to know God, in the way of Jesus Christ; and smile in his good pleasure.

We neighbor, Kar, I hope in faithful to God in all things as with-in him here as supreme LORD for All. We can not love our neighbor until we love our self meaning self when coming (spirit) he this one by coming in truth (his) that is being of the same mind in awareness to whom he is coming to with himself together as reason of Love at first makes love first . For as spoken, “What commandment is the foremost of all? ""Jesus answered, ““The foremost is, ‘HEAR, O ISRAEL! THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD;”” Mark 12:29 NASB

We are made in the image to be liken one and in it starts natural in “his” of all when each is as first as king. But a king has reason to be king by his love and the natural of king gives light to the son, that reason to make his king worthy full of delight. As true in spirit in his as Come is only the start and the one who comes with-in the spirit with truth (him) is faithful to the Father, Love. For the two have gathered in Spirit and the out come is love.

But he who came into spirit (his) to make whole the Spirit is the neighbor. On behalf of the neighbor and the thanks of love in sincerity and meet of life of honest in his, he who came first seals the Love in him making true ““THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD;””

For these things are Christ (Father and the Son) in action of Love of love with all mankind in mined as completing reason of thanks. This being truth of God in us as Truth as compassionate to Love as LORD fulfilled in us.

For I must say any who only come ½ way with out truth in heart to meet is still a lie.

For as Jesus Spoke, “ "I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.””

Peter was type image of the Father as chose by God, but nevertheless it is of Christ that save us the true life is with-in when we meet in His reason of His in Him in us by his Spirit. This is the God of the Old and New Testament and the judgment to come. For it says, with out leaving any out “”YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.””

Pray for life in his in truth and spirit in the Spirit is the calling this hour, Amen

Carey

Source(s): Church of Christ in You, in us, is the Father and Son true source of all the mankind, by faith in Him in us will just be and then the sky is the limit.>>>>For we will meet<<<<<
  • The first and foremost thing it asks us to do is to be loving towards oneself. Don't be hard; be soft. Care about oneself. Learn how to forgive oneself -- again and again and again -- seven times, seventy-seven times, seven hundred seventy-seven times. Learn how to forgive oneself. Don't be hard; don't be antagonistic towards oneself. Then you will flower.

And in that flowering you will attract some other flowers. It is natural. Stones attract stones; flowers attract flowers. And then there is a relationship which has grace, which has beauty, which has a benediction in it. And if you can find such a relationship, your relationship will grow into prayer... your love will become an ecstasy... and through love you will know what God is.

“The one who sees that the self pervades all beings, and that all beings pervade the self, sees the divine.” This one has transcended all limitations and has destroyed all boundaries. To him, this tree does not appear as “thou,” this body does not appear as “I” – his “I” permeates the tree and the tree’s “thou” permeates him. For him, there is no boundary line of I and thou in this world. To feel a boundary between I and thou means that you still feel yourself to be separate.

Martin Buber has written a book, I and Thou. Martin Buber was the Jewish philosopher and a great thinker. He was one of the few great thinkers of 20th century. He has done a deep study of the relationships between I and thou, and he says that the highest experience of life happens in the perfect relationship between I and thou. According to Jewish thinking, nobody can grow alone. In a sense, it is true that nobody can be alone. And even if he is, he will be very unhappy.

This is worth understanding, because Eastern thought is just the opposite of this. The East says that the more you go into aloneness, the more you become alone, absolutely alone, the more you will grow. Jewish philosophy sees it from the other end: it says that the more you enter into aloneness, the more poor and wretched you will become because there can be no growth without relationships. So the deeper the relationships, the more you will grow. And the ultimate depth of relationship is in the closeness between I and thou. When you can say “thou” to someone, then through this you also will reach to a height. When you address someone with love, you are also transformed. So it is good, this dimension is valuable.

Jewish thinking says that, ultimately, man will remain “I” and the whole immensity will become “thou” – the whole universe will become “thou” and the man will remain “I.” In the meeting that happens between these two, man’s soul will reach the ultimate and perfect growth. But Jewish thinking does not go beyond this.

The East goes beyond this. It says that as long as thou is still thou and I is still I, no matter how deep the relationship may be, it is still not the ultimate. The distance between the two is still there, the gap between the two is still there. So no matter how much I may love someone, as long as he is thou to me and I am I, no matter how close we may come, the distance will still remain. This distance between I and thou may be very small, but still it is a distance. And an interesting thing about distance is that the smaller it is, the more it hurts, the more it pinches. The bigger the distance the less it is noticed. The distance is noticed only when it is very small, and then the pain is terrible.

This is why there is an intrinsic reason for the pain that lovers experience: the distance has become so small, and yet it has not completely disappeared. It never disappears, although the distance becomes so small that it creates a hope that soon it will completely disappear. And each time lovers come so close, a friction, a collision also begins to happen – but the distance does not totally dissolve. The sense of distance only starts becoming clearer, sharper. In a sense, the smaller the distance, the greater the distance becomes because now it hurts more. It hurts more because now it feels that the distance could dissolve. Now the shore is so close that you can stretch your arms out and touch the other – but the touch does not happen and the distance remains. So even if you go very close to the divine, the language can become like that of lovers, I and thou – yet the distance continues.

If one’s self is not seen in all beings and all beings in one’s self, if thou does not become I and I thou, the distance will remain. This is the last jump – where the lover becomes the beloved and the beloved becomes the lover. This is the last jump, where the devotee becomes God and God becomes the devotee. This is the last jump, when it is no longer clear who is who. Who is who is no longer known.

May you always shine like a Star and be fragrant like a Flower,

God bless your Life with infinite Love and Peace, Amen.

• B F

Love is a decision, not always a feeling. To love our neighbor, enemy etc. is to do the best for them at the moment with a pure motive. Without spending time in prayer I find this to be impossible sometimes, lol. We respect the otherness of people by telling them the truth in love.

John 15:5

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

"Without a "You" and an "I" there is no love! Is there?"

to love so emphatically that you transcend the distinction between all people, all living things, and even all of existence, is to overstep the bounds of natural love, and take part in supernatural love, the kind of love God knows, feels, is. in doing so, rather than participating in an act of love, we become love personified. without regarding "You" or "I" there is no one to give or receive love in the natural sense, but that is not a requirement of the supernatural sense. Love is. even as God is Love. and in our supernatural transcendental love we take part in the Most Holy. and existence is all that is required.

Your neighbor is EVERYONE...you,me , christians , jews , muslims,blacks,KKK, Nazis, Democrats,

republicans, Good Old Boys, Urbanites, Feminist, Chauvinist, Devil worshipers, Lump heads who say"ask the next question", people who are clueless that there is a next question, Eastern religions, Atheist

Cave men, Darwinist

Everyone from every point of view is "your neighbor"....EVERYONE

Do onto others as you would have them do onto you....assuming your not into whips

But you got to love them too...OUCH...quit it.....your hard to OUCH...love

AND

"Is love possible without seeing the other as "Another me"?

That's the point.......you got to love the ones that are nothing like you

BECAUSE THEY ARE NOTHING LIKE YOU

Someone you would be inclined to hate

When you can do that you get the message......

you know that kind of love

No one said it would be easy or convenient

and I think it was supposed to be something for us to work on....and keep working on

Jesus beaten and whiped, marched to his execution.........never figured we were perfect

and do every right thing instinctively

He wasn't stupid

Jesus told a story right after that. You probably know, it was the story of the Good Samaritan. Samaritans were hated by Jews as half-breeds and not worthy of their inclusion.

One could make the same story today if we were walking along and saw Osama Ben Ladin lying in a ditch, broken and bleeding. Jesus would want us to help him, take him to shelter, and pay for his lodging.

Could we do that?

• Beau

Good questions.

In order to truly love an "other", we must first truly love ourselves. Very few people actually love themselves. There may be a few narcissists out there, but that is actually self hate and self loathing, in a roundabout way.

To truly love another, IS to recognize them as another aspect of yourself. So, in essence, there is no loving "others". However, the Wisdom which inspired the Bible understood needing to word things in such a dualistic manner, to convey that which is inherently non-dualistic.

God = all things, and beyond. So, God is in me, and you, and everyone, and is also beyond that which is here. So, if you truly love God with all of your heart, mind, and soul, then you will automatically love your Self, and all "others" as your Self. For the Self that is God, is all of ourselves, as One Self expressing Itself in an infinite variety of ways.

Thanks for the questions.

Peace and Namaste!

it means first of all everyone should love them selves and love thy neighbor as your love your self means treat they nieghbor with the love and repect you would want in return allso means even if they are bad people you must rise ubove it and love respect and treat them as you would want to be treated no mateer what kind of pple they are. help where it is needed and never do it expecting anything in retur,

.............HMMM ok let me use my own body to try to give my point of view

asking all the while how do i love myself so as to know how i should lover another

if i could step out of my body in spirit form only and if my body could be seen by me and i could DO good or Love my self this is what i would DO..

i would feed my body if it was hungry

so what this is telling us to do is love Him by loving others the way He loves us....sounds easy its is the hardest thing we will ever do...so many have while so many have not, give He said and it will be given to you

i would take care of its every need ( clothe it in warm clothes so it wouldn't feel the cold of winters)

if my body got sick i would visit it and hold its hand and tell it everything is going to be fine

also if by some way my body was without a place to stay no home no shelter i would take care of that too and give it a place it could call home

and if my body was to get thirsty i would give it clean cool water to drink as often as it had need

i would also care for its every need no matter the cost because after all it is MY BODY

Jesus said WE are His body ....so the things that we do for other we are in fact doing for Him

Matthew 25:33-39 (King James Version)

33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

• Arc

Read the book 'Walking to Rome' by Vincent J. Purcell - you will find lots of answers to life's questions there.

It is available from www.amazon.co.uk and costs £7:50.

I think it explains a lot about love and loving.

Source(s): www.eagleministries.co.uk
  • Skye M

Actually you left out the first loving God. For only when we love God and have His Spirit in us is it possible to love others as we love ourselves for He gives us this love to give.