Laptop screen goes black when idle for one minute, HELP!!!!?

10 points best answer i am going crazy here.. every minute or so, my laptop screen will go black, like its on standby.. this ONLY happens when it is not plugged in and recharging.. also, i already went to control panel and adjusted the screensaver to 30 minutes and clicked apply, but that hasn't helped... show more 10 points best answer i am going crazy here.. every minute or so, my laptop screen will go black, like its on standby.. this ONLY happens when it is not plugged in and recharging.. also, i already went to control panel and adjusted the screensaver to 30 minutes and clicked apply, but that hasn't helped either... i was told it could be that hibernate mode was on or something, but i dont know where to find that either... someone PLEASE HELP!!! my laptop is a asus windows 7 if that helps