Environmental Engineering?

How do you become an environmental engineer? Do you have to major in engineering in college? Or could you major in Environmental science? What about after a four year college-what would be the next steps? Thanks!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Some people manage to get a job with the title of environmental engineer with a MS in environmental science. Employers prefer a degree in Environmental Engineering, or Civil or Chemical or Mechanical Engineering. Those with "just" the Env Sci degree end up writing permits more than anything else. If you earn the BS in Env E, there is no need for grad school. The US EPA is hiring anyone with "environmental" in their major - including "env studies", which really dilutes the value and respect that engineering should have.

• 1 decade ago

I'm pretty sure that you just go for the engineering major, like Civil engineering has environmental in it. I would go to your local college and ask for an appointment with and adviser. I currently go to OSU and about to apply to the Mechanical Engineering school and it seems to be a decent enough school.

Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering & Geodetic Science

475 Hitchcock Hall | 2070 Neil Avenue | Columbus, Ohio 43210-1275

(614) 292-2005 | ceeg@osu.edu

Hopefully that helps.

Best of luck you,

The Boy

• 4 years ago

Beside organic and organic Chemistry, Microbiology is likewise stated with the aid of section in sewage therapy calculations of B.O.D. (organic and organic oxygen call for) and C.O.D.(chemical oxygen call for)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.