? asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

How to grow taller at the age of 15! Slow growth!:(?

Ever since 12 , my growth is slow and I'm always trying to grow taller by drinking lots of Milk , playing basketball. I'm a Singapore asian and currently at the height of 165cm. Anyone has any methods or suggestions on how to grow taller? Or maybe some food or diet that I should go towards to achieve a boost of height! :D

Unfortunately, there are not a lot of things you can do to "ensure" you will get taller. My family doctor told my parents I would be 5'11 and I am 5'3 on a good day.

Genetics will be the biggest factor for you growing. Also, staying healthy wont hurt you chances.

In order to stay healthy, I'd suggest a whole food multivitamin (a vitamin that is actually made from natural food products and not lab created). This will ensure the vitamin is naturally digested in your body and you are receiving the maximum amount in your system. There is research out there about vitamins like One a Day that have indicated they do not digest in your system as well because your body does not recognize their composition.

Eating healthy is the next step. Drinking milk is good. Make sure you are getting a balanced diet, including all of your fruits and vegetables. Also, try to avoid empty calories if you can. Your young, so obviously there will be an amount of junk food in your diet, including soda. That's ok!!! Now is the time for these things! Just don't overdo it and you'll be just fine.

There is also research out there about the benefits of exercise and stretching; however, much like diet, etc., these are things you should be doing anyways to stay health. The key is to maximize your body's potential for growth in a healthy way.

Doing all of these things is the best way to maximize your body's potential. There is no guarantee you will spring up immediately. Just remember, boys normally don't reach their full height until right around your age, maybe a little older. So don't worry. You still have time! Even if you are short, there is nothing wrong with that. There are many "short guys" who are awesome.

See this list to see what I'm talking about:

http://www.tallmenshoes.com/heoffashpe.html

Just do the best you can with what you've got. Good Luck!

• jannie

Girls' growth spurt comes in the middle of puberty, about age 11 or so, on average. Guys' big growth spurt, however, comes toward the end of puberty. For most guys, it's at 14-and-a-half to 15 years old. Kids who have their big growth spurt earlier and grow very rapidly at 12-13 also stop growing earlier and then get no taller. Guys whose bodies wait longer can keep growing longer and often end up taller than the early bloomers. Your ultimate height will depend on the height of your parents and grandparents. Not much can speed up this process, but just remember that you may well have lots of growing to do.

Source(s): I'm a pediatrician.

You grow the height you do as a result of several facets; some are unchangeable- like genetics. Others relate to wellness, as nutrition, incidents and diseases all have potential to decrease/ limit height, and some factors such as for example hormonal abnormalities may decrease or lower height potential.

Mixing crucial concepts from diet and workout to specific treatments that could help cause you to grow and the Grow Taller 4 Idiots program is filled up with wise advice to simply help challenge the genes character offered you and permit you to reap the respect you deserve. Learn here https://tr.im/T1v0p

All the workouts are compiled with safety at the forefront. As well as record a number of exercises, the dietary plan represents a essential role in your general flexibility and ability to grow and reach further. All of this is feasible without the expense of unpleasant and dangerous surgery or hormone capsules that can have an effect on other aspects of health.

When I was in highschool my doctor told me I should be drinking 16 ounces of milk a day which I then turned into about 24 ounces. That helped me to grow 1 1/2 inches. I think getting enough sleep and keeping your stress down is also important. I also think a balanced diet with plenty of protein, fiber and healthy carbs should help you out. The rest is faith. Believe that you will become taller.

Well

You can find an interesting and proved methos on how to grow taller here http://www.goobypls.com/r/rd.asp?gid=491

I hope it helps