DELL INSPIRON 1545- Bloody hell. Time of Day Clock Stopped?

Everything is wrong with Dell and my laptop.

But recently my battery is complely fried and I get the message 'Time Of Day Clock Stopped'

Ive done some research on this and found that basically I am fu*ked.

So if I get it repaired (if they do it) will my laptop be wiped of everything?

Its still under warrantly as its only 9 months old, but realise because dell are let downs we probably wont be able to get it fixed, as they will blame it on misuse (which there has been none)

• ?
    Favorite Answer

This is a firmware fault.

1)Remove the following in this sequence...power supply, the PC battery,the CMOS battery(CMOS battery is inside the notebook and most likely glued, try to remove it)

2) After removing all above items, wait for 10 sec, press the ON power WITHOUT reinstalling the above items. This is to discharged all the electric in the PCB board if there still any.

3) install all of them back. 1) BIOS battery 2) laptop battery. 3)then plug in the power supply.

4) Start the notebook, you will be given an option to presee F1 to skip or F2 to enter the setup page. You can go either way but i would suggest to press F2 to go to BIOS to setup the time first.

5) Go to dell website and download the latest BIOS and update it.

Actually you can send it for repair without the harddisk. Dell service centre should have spare harddisk to test themselve.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

So if I get it repaired (if they do it) will my laptop be wiped of...

Source(s): dell inspiron 1545 bloody hell time day clock stopped: https://tr.im/7ZWIl

Based on the website here it seems to be a fairly simple fix:

http://en.kioskea.net/faq/5840-dell-inspiron-1525-...

You just need to replace the CMOS battery. The manual for your laptop should tell you step by step how to disassemble your laptop and assemble it back. if you don't have the manual you can get it at the Dell website. The manual may tell you which battery you need to buy. It is one of those small circular cell batteries that goes on the motherboard and not the primary laptop battery.

I Think that in order to answer your question on whether the hard drive will be erased or not that you should contact Dell technical support and see if they can help you fix the problem via chat or phone or answer your question on whether the hard drive will be erased.

Time Of Day Clock Stopped

Time Of Day Clock

No - your data is on the hard disk. And it sounds like you have a motherboard problem.

You can remove your hard disk and put it in another laptop.