rca cable pin coating broke off, can I fix it?

the pin to the rca is still connected to the cable, but the gold plating broke off in my amp, I got it out, but is there a way to fix it and have it work like new?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The cable is not an easy fix and will probably not have the same quality of sound as it did prior to the break. I would recommend getting a new RCA cable regardless of where you get it from.

If you are interested, we are currently selling RCA audio cables starting at $0.99 for a 3 foot and all cables include a lifetime warranty! They can be found here: http://www.firefold.com/RCA-Audio-Cables-C96.aspx

Good luck!

• 1 decade ago

you could always go to wal-mart or radioshack and pick up a new end. Cut off the old one and follow the instructions. You can even buy crimp on versions if you don't know how to use a soldering gun. Usually a end will cost you around a $1 for the cheap non-gold connectors or a little bit more for gold-plated. It will still cost less than replacing the cable. good luck.

• 4 years ago

fixing it would require warmth--and heat might smash the climate linked to it../ Spin-kind HDD can't be taken aside../ ..a 40-Gb HDD IDE..is tremendously lots out dated and ineffective.. one hundred twenty-GB's on a storage gadget is tremendously lots as low as you desire to pass--for performance../ ..you will get 2-partitions..@ fifty 5-fifty six Gb's../ Throw it away../

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.