My child is wheezing solutions to help?

My son has allergies and now that his allergies have flared up he is now wheezing. What can I do to help him with that?

Favorite Answer

you didn't mention his age? Wheezing means that he has developed asthma..which needs medication...which could be for a long time depending on his condition...usually steroid inhalar are the best for prophylaxis..it has no harmful effects but it prevents the permanent damage to the airways which become inflammed due to the inflammatory process.

Better you consult a child pulmonologist and take his opinion. Because the ultimate treatment depend upon proper history and physical examination.

Source(s): I am a child specialist.

Birth a million Lily Else Birth two Esmae Rose Birth three Phoebe India and Alvie Dylan Birth four Emma Jade Birth five Jacob Phoenix Birth 6 Rachelle Imogen Birth 7 Harper Olivia And Poppy Eden Birth eight Jasmine Pearl Jessica Skye Reece James Max Jacob X

When I had breathing problems my mum used to boil water on the stove with eucalyptus oil in it, and the hot steam would help my breathing. Otherwise hot showers (of course only as hot as your child can handle) will help loosen up any junk in his respiratory tract. You can also have your child kind of lay across your knees on thier chest, and thump the outside of your hand (below the pinky) on their back gently to loosen things up as well.

If it doesn't get better, or if your son seems to be under distress as far as his breathing goes, get him to a hospital asap.