matthew G asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

How to force myself to sleep?

I have to be somewhere at 5am which means I have to catch public trainsport at 2:44am (I will arrive at 4:25am to allow myself some time to find where I need to get to after I get off the train), I would like atleast 7-8hrs sleep which means I need to be going to bed at around 6pm-7pm which is just absolutely ridiculous so I can wake up at 2. My normal sleeping pattern is going to bed at around 2am-3am. Are there any drugs I can buy at the chemist to help induce sleep for this particular night, if not what are some ways to help me get to bed this early. I dont have time to change my sleeping pattern either. Would not going to bed for a day so I feel tired to go to bed at 6pm be a good idea?

Favorite Answer

self hypnosis

Not going to bed for a day isn't that bad for you, kids try to go all nighters at sleepovers, just make sure you get enough sleep to catch up to the hours you lost. But if that's what it takes for you to get a goodnight's sleep everynight then skip one night! If you have to force your self to sleep, try reading before trying to go to bed!

Source(s): Myself

Read a book is the best procedure to anyone who wants to sleep well. It tire your eyes and don't excite you. I advise you not to listen to pretty loud music or see an exciting movie.

Hope I help you.

I would start drinking hard liquor at about 3pm, then you will pass out by 7pm and have a good rest

Smoke weed, read a book, watch a movie, work out, do other entertaining things that make you tired.

• Kevin7

You consult a medical doctor