My colostrum looks like yellow milk? What?

So I noticed when I first got my colostrum in, that it was just clear. Now (out of my left nipple only, weird), it's very milky and yellow! Is it still colostrum? This is my first baby so all of this stuff is just so new to me, haha.

Favorite Answer

:) Yes. It is clear at first and then seemingly thick, yellow stuff! That's because it is extremely rich in fat and nutrients at first. Mine was like that too! GL You're fine!

• rimson

Yellow Colostrum

yes that is common it's still colostrum, some people refer to colostrum as "yellow gold" because of its yellow color and it's nutritional value.

Def. normal - all colostrum is yellow

Yeah that's normal. When I first started noticing this stuff coming out of my nipples, it was sometimes clear and sometimes yellowy. I read up that it's supposed to be like that.

I get this too and it only comes out of my left nipple aswell! Never ever my right nipple. Weirrrd!