How to get into an Ivy Leaue school.?

i am a sophmore and i wanna get into an ivy league school because i want the challenge.

i want to know on what i can do get into one

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Here are 5 tips...hope they help!!! :) I wish you the best of luck!

Tip 1: Take challenging courses in high school. If you qualify for honors or AP (advanced placement) classes in high school, take them! Top colleges look for students who can excel in advanced level courses. This indicates to the admissions committee that you can handle the school’s challenging curriculum.

Also, top colleges typically recruit students in the top 10-15% of their high school graduating class, so try to stay in this subset of students.

Tip 2: Take the SAT or ACT, whichever is required by the school(s) you’re interested in attending. Regardless of which test you take, most top colleges will require the writing pre-test portion of the test. It’s important to adequately prepare for these exams. Even though the school will ultimately consider your highest score, it is often encouraged to not take the exam more than twice. You should also visit each individual school’s website to get an idea of the SAT/ACT score of commonly admitted students.

Tip 3: Stand out from the pack. As you can imagine, you’ll be competing against the “best of the best” when attempting to get accepted into a top college. With this in mind, you will have to find ways to make yourself stand out among the other applicants. In order to do this, you must prove that you are a distinguished student. How do I do that? Don’t worry, you can do this in a variety of different ways: academic achievement, involvement in extracurricular activities, volunteer experiences, essays, letter of recommendations, etc.

Perhaps you’re a member of the National Honors Society and you developed a new program that had a major impact on the school or maybe you’ve formed a great relationship with your AP chemistry teacher and he can write you a letter a recommendation that will really speak very highly of you. Whatever the case may be, you much clearly identify what makes you uniquely qualified to get into a great college.

Tip 4: Complete the application as early as possible. If the school has an “early decision” program, take advantage of it. This demonstrates to the admissions committee that their school is at the top of your list. This also gives you a better shot at receiving merit-based scholarships.

Tip 5: Tour the campus and schedule an interview with the admissions department (if possible). What better way to get your foot in the door, than to get some face-to-face time with the staff in the admissions office. If you make a good impression, they’ll be watching for your application. If you can’t schedule an interview, it’s still a good idea to visit the campus. Being on campus gives you a feel for what it will be like as a student.

Here are the approximate tuition costs and websites of the top 5 colleges in the U.S. according to usnews.com.

Harvard -> Tuition = $37,000; www.college.harvard.edu

Princeton -> Tuition = $35,000; www.princeton.edu

Yale -> Tuition = $36,500; www.yale.edu

California Institute of Technology ->$35,000; www.caltech.edu

Massachusetts Institute of Technology -> $38,000; web.mit.edu

I encourage you to visit these websites for more information.

• 4 years ago

You more often than not might in case you do quite good at an additional tuition. In all honesty even though, check out to determine in which you wish to emerge as. Most most probably Ivy league faculties won't make the smallest change whilst you're going for the roles you wish, exceptionally whenever you get into the process. Besides nearly all of jobs are located by way of connections and now not one hundred% for your schooling.

• 1 decade ago

I know that you want to get in after high school, but many people recommend ivy leagues after your first 4 years because ivy leagues aren't like other schools and you might end up regretting the extra challenge that you could've avoided at a non-ivy league. Apply to semi-ivy leagues like UNC, MIT, or Georgia Tech and try to transfer after 2 years or go to their graduate school because you'll have more experience.

Buuuttt, if u really, really want a challenge, go for it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.