Is one of Harry Potter books count as a novel by a non american author?

Im in high school, need to read for english class, 17 years old. I really love HP books. Please suggest more books, intresting ones and must not be boring.

• Lili
    Favorite Answer

Technically speaking, yes, but since these are really children's (at best, "young adult" books), I suspect they are not what your teacher has in mind.

Why not read Ian McEwan's "Atonement"? Or something by Jane Austen? Or "The Handmaid's Tale" by Margaret Atwood, who is Canadian? Or, you could read one of the better British mysteries, if mysteries appeal to you. Perhaps a book by Ruth Rendell or P.D. James.

Rebecca, the author of "The Hunger Games" is an American.

Yes, Harry Potter books are novels by a British author. Another option is Wuthering Heights - It's a very interesting book by another female British author, Emily Bronte.

Yeah, it counts.

Another novel that you can read, by a British author Mark Haddon, is The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime. It's a very interesting book, written in the point of view of an autistic teen who is trying to figure out who killed his neighbor's dog.

im 17, and I've read the Percy Jackson and the Olympians books, they are amazing! I also love the HP books, so I assume we have a similar taste in books.

I've also read the Inheritance books (Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr), I also loved them.

I believe that both of those series have american authors though

as far as a non american novel, i recommend anything by Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte, or Emily Bronte...i recommend getting annotated versions of any of their books though, because at first, they can be hard to understand. But I LOVED all of their books, especially Pride and Prejudice by Austen.

Source(s): personal experience

Yes, one of the books counts as a novel.

You could try reading The Hunger Games, which was a very good book by Suzanne Collins (it's the start of a series).

Incarceron by Catherine Fisher was also really interesting.

These are books that are written for your age level and written well. I think Incarceron would probably appeal to a boy more than the Hunger Games would, as the main character is a 17 year old boy, but the Hunger Games is excellent.

Good luck.

here's a sampling of British, German, French, and Russian authors (and titles) off the final of my head and books that i've got enjoyed for multiple motives. they're frequently short (over a hundred pages, yet below 4 hundred-ish): Charlotte Bronte, Jane Eyre Joseph Roth, The Radetzky March Theodor Fontane, Effi Briest Gustav Flaubert, Madame Bovary Andrei Bely, St. Petersburg Stefan Zeromski, The dedicated River Jaroslav Hasek, stable Soldier Svejk

Yes, it counts because Rowling is a British author, but I would suggest that you choose one of the longer books (4-7) because of your age.

Yes of course it does! JKR is one of the best British authors around! I don't know what you'd classify as interesting though, so my answers might not be what you prefer.

• yeah it does.

i cant really think of any other books written by non-american authors though sorry :)