Can I work at lowes and walmart?

I know you aren't allowed to work at lowes and say Home Depot simultaneously. I had a friend who worked for Sears and wasn't allowed to work both Sears and Lowe's, but I wouldn't really say they are competitors for Wal Mart. Either way I'm only getting about 13 hours a week at Lowe's so I'd take Wal Mart over it if I have to.

Well Lowe's I am always out by 10:30 at the latest and Walmart is looking like overnights so they shouldn't overlap, I can't imagine Wal Mart would be going in earlier than 11.

Favorite Answer

Depends on their company policy. Lowe's and Wal-Mart are both considered "Big Box" stores so if either one has a policy that you can't work at another "big box" retailer than you will be allowed to work at both. However, both may also have a specific list of competitors in their policy instead and they might not name each other.

• John

You can. Just be careful unless both stores give you set hours one may overlap the others & then where do you go to work on those days.

walmarts overnight shift is 10-7. they most likely will not hire you if you work for any other retail establishment. its conflict of interest. since walmart has a hardware dept, home depot is competition and you cant work at both.

your schedule at either place could change at any time, so there could be a problem if you wind up with a conflicting schedule at some point

• ?

Never really thought about that

• Chin

Interested in this as well