Copyright images: is it ok if we use them and acknowledge the owner?

Is it ok if I use the images from internet even though it says copyright but then we acknowledge or print the author/owner of the said images?

First, try to find images that are not copyrighted (i.e., they are very old). Second, it depends upon how you are using a copyrighted image and for what purpose. There are a few exceptions that allow for reporting news, critique or parody, but you have the burden of proof that you meet an exception. Third, the simple acknowledgment does not excuse copyright infringement and may actually make it easier for them to prove you could have contacted them for a license. Finally, you have to distinguish between the owner of the image and the owner of the copyright of the image. I own the copy of the image I just downloaded from the net but the copyright owner has lost none of his rights by posting it for my viewing.

You need the owner's consent. Otherwise, it's still a copyright violation.

• No, it is NOT okay. COPYRIGHT means the RIGHT to control COPIES. Acknowledgement does nothing, you need permission.