Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Did Laura Bush ever take 40 of her friends to Europe on vacation on one of the presidential 747's?

Just curious...

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't know but Michelle Obama's guests have to pay their own expenses.

Laura Bush also stated on Oprah that the First Family has to pay for its own food even at the White House and for the food of its private guests. I didn't previously know that.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

We don't know because whatever vacations she took, the Democrats had more class than to rake her over the coals for it.

Presidential jets and Secret Service are used by ALL first families whenever they travel. But when they are on vacation, the expenses come out of their own pockets. Let's put this into perspective.

First year presidential vacation days:

Carter 19

Reagan 42

Bush Sr. 40

Clinton 21

Bush Jr. 77

Obama 26

http://www.factcheck.org/2010/01/president-obamas-...

What did GWB's starting two wars cost?

##

• 1 decade ago

What's funny is that Laura Bush is a known Democrat. I'm sure she voted for her husband but that doesn't change her ideologies.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, and while The Obamas are paying "there own way" The security, travel cost, and lodging for the security (about 100 people) is being floated by the tax payer

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Strega
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

She is paying for her personal expenses and her friends expenses. However she is afforded the same perks and protections that come with being a first lady, as is the case with all first ladies before her and that will come after. If you are suggesting that she shouldn't then I would suggest your bias is showing.

• 1 decade ago

Who cares? All I know is her husband RUINED the country, specially the economy and lied his way into Iraq to payoff Big Oil.

• 1 decade ago

don't know. But isn't it funny how all the raging libs forgot how many times her husband played golf?

• Lance
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Jackie did. Michelle Obama isn't the first, First Lady, to travel abroad on vacation. Plus she is paying for her trip, not like the Bush's who didn't with all of their vacations and trips.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't know... because liberals didn't care...

do conservativers really think this is a big issue that most Americans would care about? lol

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Not sure.

Hey did you hear what Millard Filmore did??

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.