im tired of wearing a necktie everyday to work..why did men start wearing it?..does it have a purpose?

Favorite Answer

tell me about it....

Thank God at this new job I don't have to be with it!

The necktie traces back to the time of Thirty Years' War (1618–1648) when Croatian mercenaries from the Military Frontier in French service, wearing their traditional small, knotted neckerchiefs, aroused the interest of the Parisians. Due to the slight difference between the Croatian word for Croats, Hrvati, and the French word, Croates, the garment gained the name "Cravat".[1] The new article of clothing started a fashion craze in Europe where both men and women wore pieces of fabric around their necks. In the late seventeenth century, the men wore lace cravats that took a large amount of time and effort to arrange. These cravats were often tied in place by cravat strings, arranged neatly and tied in a bow.

I think they are supposed to hide the buttons on your shirt

a colorful leash?