i have been on birth control for 6 months and im late on my period?

i always start my period the last week of my birth control..i havent started yet im so nervous..and i had a baby 7 months ago and i am only 17 years old someone please help ...

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Momma
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Seeing as your already a week late you should take a pregnancy test. It could be something as simple as stress throwing your body off or you body still being slightly out of whack from having a baby. But you also have to remember that birth control is not 100% effective and is even less effective if it is not taken properly. If birth control pills are taken at different times of the day it can be as little as 70% effective. Go take the pregnancy test and if it is positive go see your doctor and see what your options are and if it is negative maybe set up an appointment to discuss ways to maximize the effectiveness of your pill. Best of luck to you!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Your body still be adjusting from having been pregnant, and then going on birth control. If its been more than a week late, I would take a pregnancy test. Below is a link with some info about what to consider when taking home pregnancy tests.

http://www.womenshealth.gov/faq/pregnancy-tests.cf...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

get a at home pregnancy test if it says positive go to the doctor and next time use a condom people say it doesn't feel as good i cant feel the differents

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.