Men, would you be hurt by this?

im dating a guy that asked me if we could take things slow.. so he hasnt asked me to be his gf officially.. however we are exclusive.

Right before i got off of the phone w him ,..i told him.. hey say something nice, without anything in particular in mind

He says "I..... I.... (and i said "I?" , hI? What?)..... I.........looov? (me, whoa whoa whoa, you didnt have to go that far and i started laughing. He laughed too. Then i said.. scary, lets just say good night now.

Here is the thing.. i think he was saying i love you bc he didnt know what else to say.. and while he was attempting to say it, he barely could get the words out, he was almost gauging my response before he fully said it. Even tho i would love for him to say it... he has to mean it. otherwise i never want to hear it uttered again. So do you think i hurt his feelings a little, even if he didnt mean it and Im assuming he didnt mean it..

• Shark
    Favorite Answer

I think you made it very hard for him. All is not lost. Try to be more ...insightful. Now it's your turn to say it the next appropriate moment.

Since he is embarrased/shy etc. maybe you should say it first.. he'd become more comfortable.