Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

My dog bit me and it's swelling?

Last night around 8 my dogs were fighting and I broke it up. But I came out with 2 pretty bad wounds and another two that weren't so bad. The wounds are on my wrist and it hurts to move my arm around. I was treated at urgent care and it got butterfly Stitches. I'm afraid the my dog might have hit a nerve.

I want to know if a hurt nerve swells and how to help the swelling and pain. I feel the pain between my index and middle fingers and on my wrist near where the palm of your hands starts.

I got strong prescription antibiotics that are supposedly meant for animal wounds and I got my tetanus shot

Favorite Answer

when two dogs fight NEVER get into it yourself, break it off by dumping a bucket of cold water over them, it could be infected so check with a doctor

did they give you any antibiotics to take? You should return to the clinic and show them the swelling, you don't want infection taking place in there.

Its rabies. That means its game over for you. Better start doing a will if you haven't hehe