Karmageddon asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

Did the Philadelphia 76ers actually get the best player in the NBA draft with their #2 pick, Evan Turner?

Favorite Answer

I don't think so. I think Turner's a good talent, but I don't see much of a ceiling with him. Plus, I think this was a down year for the draft, which makes upside even more important. I still say (and I said it before the summer league games) that Wall and Cousins are the two best players in this draft. Rookie of the Year will be between them and Blake Griffin.

• Boskey

According to summer league:

1. John Wall, Wizards

Summer-league stats: 23.5 ppg, 7.8 apg, 4 rpg

Wall struggled as a shooter and was caught looking to score more often than I expected, but he was still nothing short of spectacular most of the week. He's just faster than everyone on the floor and is excited to share the ball (most of the time).

He's also totally OK with the idea of being a star and loves putting on a show. Don't read that the wrong way -- he's all about winning, he's a selfless player and he's a huge favorite to win rookie of the year.

20. Evan Turner, 76ers

Summer-league stats: 9.4 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 2.8 apg

Turner was, at best, a poor player in Orlando compared to any reasonable expectation -- not locked in, bad body language and poor skills. But don't get too alarmed. It's a testament to his talent that he still made plays on the glass and had some good offensive moments. I suspect that while almost every other player spent three to eight weeks before July working on their games and working out for teams, Turner did little on-court stuff. No doubt he'll look better in preseason and beyond.

He is going to be a bust. They are already comparing him to Michael Conley, another overhyped Ohio State player. Yeah and that malso means you Greg Oden!!

nope its john wall and cousins