On the topic of downloading torrents, what exactly are "seeders" and "leechers"?

I have a feeling that seeders are people who you can download stuff from. But I'm not sure. What are leechers? How do you become one of those two things?

Favorite Answer

peter has the general idea yes

seeders are the ones whom already have the file in question

and are giving parts of it to the leachers whom are in need of the file

something you can tell from the numbers of seeders/leachers is the quality of the torrent if it has many seeders and many leachers its probally a good torrent

granted if a torrent has 100000 seeds and 10 leachers its prolly fake

you want a seed leach ratio thats about 3 to 1 seed to leach thats gives the best connection and DL speed

seeders have file uploading it

leachers need file downloading it

Source(s): torrenting for about 10 years

Seeders are those having complete copy of the file and are uploading only. Leechers are having a percentage of the file and downloading and uploading to others at the same time. without a seeder a file cannot be completed. so there should be at least on seeder in the process.

In p2p File Sharing/ Torrents

people downloading the file are leechers

and

People uploading the file after downloading are seeders

the more seeders the better the download (Generally Speaking)

it is courteous to other people to seed the file so others may download the file too

Source(s): Experience and online sources

seeders are the uploaders who have the complete file

and leechers are uploaders who are also downloading

hope that helped

here is the valid warm subject be counted playlist... interest For A Cowboy Avenged Sevenfold My Chemical Romance Panic! on the Disco Chiodos 9 Inch Nails Nirvana Fallout Boy green Day AFI H.I.M. and something Bam Margera likes...only because of the fact he likes it... heavily, it is incredibly uncomfortable on the uncommon occasion I pop in there to snatch a T-shirt. i'm 28, or perhaps the jackass clerks act as once you're invading their coven or something... revolt... tied up with a effective little bow. Oh, and remember approximately warm subject be counted is owned by potential of the hollow. Now if it is not revolt, i do no longer comprehend what's. regrettably, they in many situations have some cool shirts. F-it. (EDIT) very almost forgot those... Underoath Bullet For My Valentine Demon Hunter Iron Maiden (they only placed on the shirts, regardless of the undeniable fact that; they do no longer very own any track by potential of them) Trivium See You next Tuesday Bless the fall Thursday Paramore Cookie cutter, absolutely everyone?