Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 1 decade ago

What should I do -- Community College?

I took the placement test at the community college and I messed up on the writing part of the test [I ddint do it right] but they still won't let me restest unless I do 10 hours of study time.

Problem is, I would have to do that in 2 days..6 hours today and 4 tomorrow...because i work third shift 8 hoursa day it makes thsi hard.

I have to take a writing developmenttal clas because I failed it.

How much will this effect me if I just take the developmental class? I plan on Getting an Associates in Science and transferring over to a 4 year schoo.

Thanks.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • PlanB
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Why would you waste your time with an Associates if you are already planning on a 4 year school? If you can't get into a 4-year school because of GPA or application deadlines, fine, go to a community college for a semester or two then transfer. An Associates is cheap, but it's also worthless in most fields of study. I say why waste your money when you can go DIRECTLY to the 4 year college.

As for the tests, do what you have to do. We all mess up a big test sometime, and we've all had to go without sleep a night or two so that we could study for the big exam. It's stressful, but it's necessary to achieve your final goal. Do it up.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.