? asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 decade ago

Was I not suppose to take a shower?

Me and this guy have been talking for a month now. He came to visit his family from another state because he is in the military. During his visit we see each other. We had sex last week. And we have been playing phone tag since last week. We kept missing each others calls. So yesterday we caught up with each other. He called me and asked me did i see some movie. I said "NO". He said okay I am going to bring it to your house. I said "okay. cool". When he came I was cleaning the bathroom because I was about to get in the shower. I asked was he going to wait while I get in the shower. He said "NO". I said "OKAY....BYE!!!" I thought he brought the movie over so we can watch it together. When he left I was confused. I was thinking "why in the hell did he come out of his way to bring me a movie?" WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS??? THIS IS CONFUSING.

Favorite Answer

Instead of saying, "Okay, cool,", you should have told him that you were busy and that it would be a while before you were ready to watch the movie with him.When you told him that it was all right to come over, he assumed that when he got there, you would be ready to watch the movie.So you should have given him a time, say, an hour, when you would be done with your cleaning and your shower, and then he would not have had to sit and wait.

He said he was bringing the movie to your house so you should have waited on taking the shower, or you should have told him on the phone that you were about to jump into a shower so he should come over in 2 hours (or however long it takes you to shower). The, if he brought the movie but wasn't intending to stay and watch it with you, you should have stopped him, invited him in and asked him why he wants you to see the movie--why it's so important that you see the movie that he'd make a trip to bring it to you. You might not end up watching the movie but at least you'd be able to find out why he wants you to see this particular movie and at least have a chat with him. He might not have wanted to stay while you showered, maybe he got the wrong idea (that you were showering in prep for having sex with him). Ask him, not us.

• ?

It was rude of you to take a shower, knowing he was coming over with the movie. He was probably going to stay to watch the movie with you, but when you told him Bye, he left.

He probably thought that you didn't want him there.

You could have waited until after he left to have a shower, or asked him if you could watch the movie together after you have a shower.

• Friend

Tell him that you are confused by the whole situation and would like to know what he was thinking. I don't know if you were rude or not but it seems babyish for him to react that way if he was offended by you informing him that you were going to take a shower. He could have just asked you to wait if he wanted you to wait.

If he says that he was just dropping it off, then ask why he didn't want to watch the movie with you or that he could have told you that he was planning to just drop it off. That way you would have been clear about his intentions.

Your best bet is to call him and ask what he meant by it. It's possible that he thought it was inconsiderate of you to make him wait and was insulted enough to leave. Or maybe he was trying to imply that he wasn't going to wait on your shower but was instead going to join you, but was then chagrined when you said goodbye instead of inviting him in. Maybe he wanted you to see the movie because he had recently seen it and thought it was good, but didn't want to wait around and watch it again. Just call him!

• mom

I agree you could of waited to take your shower. but that was weird to just bring the movie over and leave

• ?

If you knew he was coming over you should of waited until he left to take a shower.

• g

He has very limited time and doesn't want to spend it sitting around waiting for someone. Maybe he thought you would have had a shower BEFORE he got there, not that he'd have to wait for you to shower and get dressed, put on makeup, etc.? If he didn't give you a time and showed up before you were ready, his stuff. If he gave you a time and you weren't even started getting ready, your stuff.