Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

What Should i do to Become a Great author?

I Want to Become an Author Like Stephen King, Suzanne Collins, Or J.K. Rowling. Are there certain things i could do to guarantee having my work published?

Favorite Answer

No guarantees, but hard work gets you a long way. Stephen King commits to 3000 words per day minimum (and tries to produce a finished manuscript every nine months) and Dean Koontz writes 70 hours a week minimum, so if you want what they got you have to do what they do.

Source(s): "Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work." -- Stephen King

The only guaranteed way of publishing is if you publish it yourself. That's also a guaranteed way to make sure that story doesn't end up in popular bookstores.

There is no way to guarantee publication. Stephen King attempted publishing several dozen times before ever being successful, and he was first successful with many short stories, not with novels.

JK Rowling, on the other hand, didn't do any short story publishing before going for a novel publication.

Read Stephen King's book "On Writing" - It's a great insight to how publication works.

• To start, you need to capitalize words like "I", which you haven't done. No one will take your work seriously, if you have bad grammar and spelling skills.

I'm not sure if there are actual things you can do that guarantee your work to be published, but there are loads of ways to get started.... Check this out:

http://www.caderbooks.com/pubfaq.html