? asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Alright. This is a twilight question about one of the many grammatical errors in the book.?

They emerged one by one from the forest edge, ranging a dozen meters apart.The first male(1) into the clearing fell back immediately, allowing the other male(2) to take the front, orienting himself around the tall dark haired man(3) in a manner that clearly displayed who led the pack. The third was a woman(...4?)

Do you see 4 people? My friend says it makes sense but I doubt it. I obviously know its James, Victoria, and Laurent, but do you see it? :b

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

2 of it speaks of one guy. numbers 2 and 3 refers to laurent.. that's what i think.. cuz when you do it like this.. "the first male(1) into the clearing fell back immediately, orienting himself around the tall dark haired man(3)" james allowed laurent to take front, then james oriented himself around laurent. you get me? :) i think i made my point now. hope this helped. :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I agree that Twilight does have quite a few grammatical errors, but this is not one of them.

"The first male" is also the "tall dark haired man".

I see what you mean, it's just a matter of reading and understanding the paragraph fully.

• 4 years ago

confident, I certainly have observed. whilst those issues arise, you are able to notify the publishers and that they are going to restoration the errors the subsequent time they print greater. and that i've got additionally observed errors in different books, too. usually errors like making use of ' for the beginning up quote and " for the tip quote and vice versa, yet there are some occasional spelling and grammar blunders, too.

• 1 decade ago

I think it's supposed to be that 1 and 3 are the same person, and 2 comes around and steps in front.

I'm really not sure, though, you're right it does need to be a lot clearer. :P

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

3 and 1 are the same person, I believe.

• 1 decade ago

She could have made it a little clearer, but it's clear enough when she says "the third".

• 1 decade ago

Yeah reading it like that yeah it does seem like 4 people, god she should make it clearer ;)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's supposed to be three but yeah, i see what you mean. it does kind of sound like four. but then again, this is stephanie meyer.

• Stuart
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Nope, I only see 3 :S

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.