? asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 1 decade ago

When is the Appropriate age to have sex?

Okay, Well.

I'm 14 years of age, and some of my friends have 'had it', and have said its not a bad thing to do at this age. A few months ago, i would of never consider of having it. But lately things have got on my mind. I have been asked of having it, (will be safe) but don't know what to do.

- Should i wait till im a bit older?

Thanks.

• A User

Yes you should wait until you are older. You're too young and so are your friends. They may not think so now, but wait until they are adults and look back on their lives. They will most likely wish they had waited longer.

There are all the risks associated with having sex too young: unwanted pregnancy, STDs, higher risk of cervical cancer later in life.

And there is the legal issue. At 14 you are under the age of consent and therefore you cannot legally have sex. Anyone who touches you before the age of consent is committing statutory rape. Your boyfriend could end up in prison for this. This is also true for your friends.

i think you should wait till you are a bit older. i believe that the appropriate age to have sex is when you really love someone and you know that you will not regret having sex with this person in the future. the first time is very meaningful, and make sure that you WANT to do it! it's okay if you say no, if your guy loves you like he says he does, then he should be able to wait! My boyfriend wants to have sex, but he knows I'm not quite ready, so he's been patient, which makes me feel more relaxed and more ready!

It doesn't matter your friends have done. If your asking total strangers then your no where near ready to have sex yet. Never waste your life away by doing things like this (plus illegal) so young.

So what if your friends have had sex already, doesn't mean that you always have to follow the leader so to speak. Just tell them NO and keep saying until your a lot older and can take theconsequencess x

Source(s): mummy 2 7 month old Liam

Yessss waittt till your older its soo not worth it girl. Sex is more than abut orgasming it's about doing it wth someonee yu truely truely love Nd chances are you are way to young to be in love yett whether you thinkk it or not. Wait. Till you are with someone you know you will marry and waittill ur old Enuff to raise babeh. Boys and girls hormones are raging like heck rght now so teens think it all be relieved by sex but it's just temporary relieff the horniness is occasional so wait for it to pass and never give into losing your vCard you will regret it.

In my opinion 14 is too young to be having sex. Besides who cares if your friends had already had sex, that doesn't matter. So yes you should wait until you are older and in a stable, loving relationship and only have sex when you're ready. But yes you're too young and you should wait and ALWAYS remember to use protection when you do have sex, when you're older.

I think the best "time" to have sex is after you graduate high school,because your middle school/high school years are the most public years of your life,if a person finds out that you had sex in those years,they are 95% of telling other people,even if it is safe sex,and plus you are 14 and it is way to young to have sex any way, and illegal in most states or countries

You're mature enough to have sex when you are mature enough to raise a child. Not just have one and dump it off on others. I mean really take care of it and nurture it. I don't think at 14 that anyone could be ready for that.

Source(s): Common Sense

The appropriate age to have sex in my opinion is when you and your partner are ready to raise a child. I'm 16 and feel not ready to raise a child.

Keep your legs closed. You don't even know the definition of love yet.

• Éilis

When you can always refer to it as sex rather than "having it".