Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 decade ago

Can someone help me check my essay? Please! 10 Points!!?

Ok I have to turn in this essay soon. i was wondering if anyone had any helpful hints as to how i could improve this. I really want a good grade. Oh and I am having trouble with phrasingmy third paragraph topic sentence. Thanks, it would mean alot!

“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that don’t work.” Thomas Edison said this during the early years of our nation. These inspirational words trigger three things in most people: that success requires perseverance; the importance of the scientific process; and the idea of positivism.

First of all, perseverance is the steadfastness in doing something despite difficulty or delay in achieving success. As an inventor, Thomas Edison encountered many problems in his work. However, he was perseverant and in time achieved success. By being determined one can accomplish their goals, as Edison did. If Thomas Edison had stopped trying, he would not have obtained the success he did. Whether it be learning to ride a bike or improving a grade in a challenging class, we all incorporate this idea into our daily lives.

Thomas ediThe scientific process consists mainly of one key component: trial and error. It is important to keep this in mind in order to follow the process correctly. When dealing with scientific experiments, one must analyze the failure, make a change, and then try again. This is trial and error. Thomas Edison was most known for his invention of the first light bulb. During his experiments, he conducted many trials, followed by many errors and found “10,000 ways” how not to make a light bulb. By learning from his mistakes, Thomas Edison eventually found the right way to make a light bulb. Without trial and error one can never succeed. In order to find a solution to the problem one must try again, even if countless errors occur. The same can be said for modern day situations. Trial and error plays a part of all our lives, with the products that we use. Computers, cars, cellphones and all other things we use are first tested many times and modified according to any problems that occur.

Lastly, Positivity is essential to accomplishing any goals one may have. Without positivity, it is difficult to stay determined, which in turn makes it difficult to succeed. When Thomas Edison first attempted to create the light bulb, he failed repeatedly to obtain the right method that would work. However, Thomas Edison maintained a positive attitude towards finding a solution. Rather than admitting to having failed so many times, he said, “ I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that don’t work.” Eventually he found the right method, creating the first long lasting light bulb. If Thomas Edison had not been positive, he would have lost hope and stopped trying, eventually failing to complete his invention.

In conclusion, Thomas Edison’s words on failure trigger in most people that success requires perseverance, the importance of the scientific process, and the idea of positivism. Perseverance is needed to achieve success because without it, one stops trying. The scientific process is also important because of trial and error. By trying again and learning from mistakes, one may learn how to succeed. Also, even in times of failure, one must stay positive in order to succeed. Thomas Edison integrated all these ideas into his work, and succeeded with his many inventions.

Oh by the way, this is sort of a draft. I might have spelling errors

• George
    Favorite Answer

brilll

Source(s): me