? asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 decade ago

My guy friend randomly tells me when he smokes cigarettes or pot?

He doesn't do it all the time, just occasionally but Is he trying to shock me or something?

I'm just like um ok..good to know

I'm not into that stuff, and he knows that. He also told me that he hooked up with two girls from the states once, so I have a feeling he is just trying to sound cool.

He's two years younger than me also (he's 16, I'm 18 in a few days)

Favorite Answer

Just be honest about it and tell him you are just not interested in hearing it. Be strong about it.

Source(s): I used to be an immature 7th grader who discovered that you could do drugs and not become one of those crazy addicts you see on Above The Influence commercials. I got so excited, I wanted to tell everyone, I wanted to brag. Honestly, nobody wanted to hear it, but I kept on talking about it. In the end, I lost most of my friends and changed schools. It wasn't the fact that I did drugs that made me lose my friends, it was that I kept telling them and they just didn't want to hear it. Kind of like a gay guy who never stops talking about how great gay sex is. Some people just don't want to hear it, and I wish I hadn't learned it the hard way.