Would I be able to pay in-state tuition fee for a college in North Carolina even though I live in California?

Ok, so I live in California, and my grandparents live in North Carolina, about 15 minutes away from Western Carolina University. I was thinking about moving to North Carolina for college and attend Western Carolina. So would if I were to do something like put my grandparents' address on my college application and I got accepted, would I be able to pay in-state tuition fee, or do I still have to pay out-of-state?

Are there any other ways to pay in-state even though I live in California until school time comes around?

Thanks :]

• drip
    Favorite Answer

No not going to work. This is much more than writing down an address. You must prove residency. With income tax forms.

The only way to is actually live in the state. Have DL, ID from that state, work and file taxes from that state. And if your parents are helping with financial aid and filling out the FAFSA form, they must live in the same state as the college.

Call up any college and ask what their residency requirements are. OR look at the school's web site.

You will have to pay out-of-state tuition. Residency is not determined on where you receive your mail or what address you use, it is based on whether on your actual residency. I assume you still live with your parents who claim you as their dependent on their tax forms. Unless one of them is a NC resident then you cannot gain NC residency. Typically for residency you have to have resided somewhere for at least one year in order to become a resident.

• ?

certainty is she/he did no longer say Washington D.C. grow to be a state she asked in what state it particularly is in. which ability the place is it placed. and that i do no longer desire to sound mean or rude yet we did no longer asked the guy with the "perfect answer" how existence grow to be there we asked in what state that's placed in. P.S. i know i actually won't get many votes or something yet human beings circulate of song and started to chat approximately how Washington DC wasn't a state and how it grow to be a federal district. we would desire to know WHICH STATE it particularly is IN

• DrIG

You will need to pay out of state tuition./