is asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

is it safe to do stairs when i am just 5 weeks pregnant?

we live in a duplex and i often do the staira once or twice sometimes 3 times per day, is it safe?

Favorite Answer

it's depend on your body. But i dont suggest you to do it.

Yes, it is safe, just step slowly always and hold on to the rail. It would be unsafe to fall because the membranes might rupture and some woman loose the baby then. Later in your pregnancy you should look after you back and posture, to make sure you don't hurt your back. I climbed the stairs in a bend over position and supported my tummy with one hand. Eat healthy food everyday and the 2 of you will be fine. Good luck with the pregnancy, you will be a great mommy.

Of course! Light or gentle workouts are good during early pregnancy, even sometimes recommended. The fitter and healthier you are, the happier baby will be. Also, exercising releases certain hormones that make you feel great, so no stress - even better for your baby! If you're concerned about any exercises you are or aren't doing, speak to your doctor. They'll put your mind at ease. Congrats on the little one :)

Source(s): 33 weeks + 2 days pregnant x

Yes of course.It is great to do stairs to keep in shape.After around 7 months,it will just be harder for you and you will get out of breath faster so then you have to go slower and just take it easier.Other than that,no worries :)

Chala said it very well.

Source(s): Mommy of a 4 month old boy.

Completely - that's classed as light exercise. Just don't get puffed and if you do, stop and get your breath back. Don't run up the stairs (you won't be able to before long!), just take them at your own pace.

What you can't do is stuff like running, skiing, riding etc. You have to make sure your heart rate doesn't get too high and that you don't get out of breath - walking and swimming are great when you're pregnant, particularly swimming which gets your body nicely ready for birth. Good luck :-)

Source(s): Mum to a gorgeous 5 month baby girl :-)

Yeah i recon it is okay, i went bush walking and I pushed my broken down car off the main road when i was 7-8 months!!! If it worries you that much see your doctor... going up and down the stairs is great exercise :D

Well....

We are pregnant not dead!!!!

Im having twin boys in December a lot of people keeps telling me what to do and what not to do....

As long as I know that what im doing and eating is healthy for me and my babies....I do it!!

Stairs is fine even in late pregnancy, just be carefull and don't trip or fall.

yes it is safe. if you are worried ask your doctor, but its good to do light to moderate workouts when pregnant. I am a firm believer that just because your pregnant doesnt mean you get to sit all the time or eat for two... its all horse crap. but like I said you should ask your doctor sometimes there are special circumstances that happen when you are pregnant that you need to be more careful.

Yes of course it is safe. That is classed as light exercise and is perfectly safe.

Yes it is. However, it's important that you take your time. Don't push yourself too hard. If you feel dizzy, you need to pause for awhile or even sit down. Take it easy.

Yes it is, whatever 'exercise' you engages in before pregnancy is safe during pregnancy.