Alex asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

How do you say "Please return to..." in French?

I want to write in my notebook:

(In case of loss), please return to .....

and

This book (notebook, planner) is very important to me. Please return quickly!

PLEASE: only native French speakers or fluent - I can Google translate myself. It's not the same.

Favorite Answer

En cas de perte,veuillez restituer [ce bloc-notes] à...[name] promptement s'il vous plaît

Edit: Allan, I asked the French director of my city's Alliance Française if "en cas de perte" is wrong; he says it's correct.

Source(s): BA,teacher of French
  • bryer

For me... "Blood, Milk, And Sky" White Zombie The siren sings a Lonely music of all the applications and hungers The lust of love a brute opt for - the ledge of existence is going shrink than - Divide the Dream into the flesh Kaleidoscope and - Candle eyes - Empty Winds scrape on the Soul - yet via no potential end to realize - Animal whisperings Intoxicate the evening Hypnotize the deperate sluggish action hardship-free - Wash Away into the rain Blood, milk and sky hollow moons hardship-free up and splendor via no potential dies working wild working blind I breathe the physique deep a million,000 years beside myself i do now now not sleep - Seduce the worldwide it via no potential Screams ineffective water lies journey the only one that is conscious - attractiveness via no potential dies

The native French speakers wouldn't translate "word to word" this text.

They wouldn't say "in case of loss" ("en cas de perte"), but "if you found this book" ("si vous avez trouvé ce livre/carnet")

And they would add also "Merci d'avance" (Thank you in advance").

So, the correct translation is:

"Si vous avez trouvé ce livre, veuillez s'il vous plait (or just "SVP" instead of "s'il vous plait") le retourner (or "le réexpédier") à (.. your name and adress....)

Ce livre est trés important pour moi.

Merci d'avance"

Source(s): Native French speaker from Belgium
  • Ridha

retour s'il vous plaît à.

Hope that Helps :D.