Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 1 decade ago

Have you done anything great in your years?

I have worked jobs, played in bands when i was young , did some art work and made allot of people laugh but i have never done anything great have you

Favorite Answer

Most people don't think they did anything great in their years....but they'd be surprised to find out how many people admire them for what they did.

I saved a strangers life once. Not a big deal to me....but probably a big deal to him.

• Monty

How great is it to raise 2 kids to adulthood, and find that they are lovely people. I did that.

I worked in a job where I trained other people how to do a job. Many of them have made good careers at it. That is a good thing.

• njss

and it still amazes me.........helped build a hebel (concrete aerated bricks) wall 20 meters long and 5 meters high. The bricks are 3 meters long and weigh nearly 100kg. They are not staggered but laid one on top of the other. We laid them horizontally and used a winch and ladder as we went higher. They are attached to factory wall from which we removed the corrugated iron. Having a solid brick wall looks so much better. We only dropped one brick when building. Pretty good ! And recently experienced an earth tremor (haven't had one of those for decades of course ! ) but our wall stable...... no cracks......so more good !

Certainly nothing that will go down in history. I raised two pretty fine children. Have done volunteer work, rescued abandoned cats and dogs, been available to family and friends in need, donated funds to various charities. No, nothing great yet.

• Baw

Nothing I'll be remembered by. I volunteer time to the soup kitchen and the food bank.

I did manage to raise 5 children without any of them getting pregnant before they became adults. I think on a personal level, that's pretty "great".

Well guys.... I think I have.... I take underprivileged children on trips they otherwise would never experience. Such as The Airshow in Wisconson, The COMDEX in Atlanta, CES in Vegas. I have gotten great satisfaction seeing these kids explore the other worlds that surround them.

Oh yes I have!!!! I've been a teaching assistant for 25 years and thousands of children of all ages love me for the care I gave them growing up. Some of their children are now with me and I love it. I've never made a lot of money, but my heart is full.

Great things done in my life aren't measured in numbers. They're accomplishments that have made me feel good about myself, as a person. They may not be viewed as great things to others, but it's how they make me feel, that really matters.

• jonds

Nope

My dog thinks I am great because I give her treats. So, yes I have done great and will continue to do great.