? asked in Cars & TransportationMotorcycles · 9 years ago

Is Vespa Type Adult 150cc Vintage Automatic Gas Powered Moped Scooter a good vespa to buy?

Here is the URL with all of the info in it:

http://discountgiftsandmorestore.com/node/1120

I am trying to figure which kind of vespa I should get. I have never had one before but I really would like one that's dependable and works well.

Thank you everyone! :)

• Dimo J
    Favorite Answer

Chinese Crap. NOT dependable. Do NOT buy a vehicle off the Web.

Buy dealer who IS dependable, with a shop who will maintain your scooter.

Japanese and Italian scooters ARE dependable.

A Vespa is pretty, but if I were to buy a scooter it would be the Piaggio Fly150.

I sell Piaggio Vespa Scooters. Vespa make a great scooter but this is NOT A VESPA. Vespa prices start around $3000 out the door to $10000. It is a clone. BEWARE you are not getting a true Vespa.

Do not buy this scooter. I have had customers who have bought from on-line scooter stores and the things are throw-a-ways.

To get the correct scooter for you I need more info than "I really want one".

1. Age

2. Where are you going to ride, neighborhoods or street in town.

3. Shopping, first line transportation or back for sunny days

Find a Vespa dealer and go through them, they look at all trades ins. Nothing saying that this could be a good deal but if your not a mechanic then you may miss serious problems.

Some will say I have a stake in bad mouthing the competition, This is not the case, I would buy a Honda or Yamaha even Suzuki Burgman.

Source(s): Bear

Okay, let's get our terms straight. A real Vespa S150ie scooter sells for $4,400 and tops out at about 59 mph. The "Vespa Type" scooter your looking at sells for $750. Vespa makes cool, reliable scooter that will last for years. The way, way less expensive "Vespa Type" scooter is, well, something else.

If you want a scoot that is dependable and works well, you need to spend the money and buy a real Vespa, Piaggio, Honda, Suzuki or Yamaha. The Honda SH150i is very nice and sells for $4,500 with more dealership support than the Italian bikes. The PIaggio Fly 150cc is only $2,900 and their radically sweet 3 wheeled MP3 250cc scoot costs $7,200.

Sorry. Just tellin' it like it is.

• Jacko

get some roller skates chum . far better than ANY scooter .

Source(s): scooter hater .